About time I got round to a savory canape option – these crispy duck blinis have only six ingredients, are so simple and succulent. They taste great hot, lukewarm and cold – essential for any party option. Even if you don’t have a party to go to, this is a great alternative to calling for a takeaway or a simple supper to have with mulled wine and mince pies.
You will need (makes 16):2 duck legs 5 Spice Plum Sauce 16 Blinis Bunch of Spring onions
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 Fan.
- Cover both duck legs in a generous layer of five spice, and roast for 90 minutes.
- Once the duck is cooked, heat through the blinis for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shread the duck, and mix through 2 tablespoons of plum sauce (enough to bind, but not to resemble a sticky mess).
- Spoon an even amount onto each blini, and top with slices of spring onion.
They need a little bit of time, but beyond being in the building, this is a five minute assembly job. A great one if you’re looking to involve little ones or pass off some of the work to teenagers. Or just make for yourself and a loved one and eat snuggled under blankets.